The new generation HP series has been available globally for several months offering a wide range of options perfectly equipped for each individual market and application working off a uniform base and adding value with new innovations.
Hamm offers the pneumatic-tyre rollers in different basic versions from the HP 180 or HP 180i model with a minimum working weight of 8t and a maximum operating weight of 18t to the HP 280 or HP 280i model with working weights between 10t and maximum 28t, and in so doing, Hamm provides the individual markets with the respective model to suit their regional demands with regard to weight classes and equipment versions. The HP 180i and HP 280i models comply with the requirements of the emissions standards EPA Tier 4 and EU Stage V, while the HP 180 and HP 280 models are designed for Tier 3 markets.
The new generation series has been designed with the driver in mind offering easy operation and an ergonomically optimised driver’s platform, which together with the shape of the asymmetrical frame allows for perfect visibility for models with cab or ROPS. The HP 280 was used during the renovation of a 3.5km long section of a four-lane motorway in Ankara, Turkey. Construction Manager Gökçe Tokul from Onur Contracting noted, “The driver was able to operate the machine immediately with minimal instruction. Colleagues from the workshop reported back to me that the fuel consumption is extraordinarily low.”
The new generation HP series offers the following additional value adds:
- A hydrostatic rear-axle drive, combined with a sensitive control system enables the series to perform optimally in hilly environments. A rotary knob adjusts the specified working speed, which is an important prerequisite for homogeneous compaction, whilst intelligent drive control allows for smooth, even acceleration and braking, preventing uneven compaction.
- Classic thermal aprons are available for all models.
- A new diesel-powered tyre heating feature for the HP 180i and HP 280i models. The integrated tyre heating is not operated using gas but uses diesel from the fuel tank eliminating costly transport, time-consuming replacement of gas cylinders and the additional fire hazard created when gas is used.
- Automatic temperature control for the tyre heating system. The driver can preselect a minimum and maximum value, the control maintains the temperature in this range. The driver can view the current temperature via the display.
- An innovative redesigned additive-sprinkling system, offering time-saving filling of the additive concentrate without premixing. The dosage can be regulated from the driver’s platform and the water and additive are mixed automatically, which guarantees a lasting optimal mixing ratio without demixing. Fill levels can be monitored by the driver via the display on the control panel and it is also possible to convert the sprinkling from water to additive at any time from the driver’s platform.